Advice - From Scouting Ireland and National Bodies
We understand there may be a lot of information about COVID-19 currently. Scouting Ireland advises all members to listen to official national advice. Please see the below links to the most up to date information:
Covid-19 Advice Last updated 5th January 2021
***Current restrictions on the Island of Ireland means the immediate ceasing of any face to face Scouting.***
- Republic of Ireland Update 5th January - For the current period of restrictions, and until notified otherwise, Scouting (funded youth services) should move to exclusively remote Scouting. Click Here for further information.
- Northern Ireland Update 31st December – All Scouting face to face has been suspended until at least February 2021. On-line virtual meetings can continue for those groups who may wish to do so. Click Here for further information.
We will continue to keep our guidance under review in view of the developing public health situation and in consultation with Government colleagues and with the youth sector.
Scouting Through Covid Roadmap
***Our Scouting Through Covid-19 Roadmap is currently not applicable.*** We will not be updating this document at this time due to the immediate, uncertain and rapidly evolving public health scenario. This is in line with the DCEDIY decision not to update their advice currently.
The Scouting Through Covid Roadmap was last updated on the 11th of December 2020 however it is currently not applicable as it is now considered necessary to take immediate action to reflect the current situation by means of supplemental measures over and above the Level 5 restrictions set out in the published guidance from Government.
Youth Sector Guidance – Last updated 5th January 2021
It is now considered necessary to take immediate action to reflect the new situation by means of supplemental measures over and above the Level 5 restrictions set out in the published Guidance for Youth Work Organisations. In view of the immediate, uncertain and rapidly evolving public health scenario, the Government are not intending to update the published text of the Guidance for Youth Work Organisations. Rather, they advise that for the current period of restrictions, and until notified otherwise, funded youth services should move to exclusively remote delivery of services. To view the latest Guidance Guidance for Youth Work Organisations - Informed by the Government’s Resilience & Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19 CLICK HERE (updated 5th January 2021).
Day to Day Resource
Scouting Ireland has produced a guide to assist with day to day scouting at group and section level, Click here to view this resource.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Government Advice
The general public is asked to follow this advice and keep informed of this ongoing outbreak. Details of these updated measures can be found here:
- Republic of Ireland – Click Here
- Northern Ireland – Click Here
- Advice from the HSE can be found here: Click Here
- Advice from the PHA in NI can be found here: Click Here
- Advice from the NHS can be found here: Click Here
The Irish Government has released posters and notices with advice on COVID-19 prevention measures you can take. These could be useful to post in public spaces in your neighbourhood/ community space
Click Here to access and download posters.